If you’re a hardcore coffee fanatic, a good quality coffee maker with grinder is what makes or breaks a great-tasting cup of coffee. If you want to streamline your morning routine and guarantee a fresh cup of coffee each time, a good idea would be to choose a coffee maker with a grinder built-in. There are a great many machines that you can choose from, and we’ve compiled a list of the 10 best coffee machines on the market today.
How We Chose Our Ratings
We believe in giving you the most accurate information we can, so a number of different factors play into our ratings. We look at testimonials and reviews from customers, data about the products, and take into consideration the general reputation of the brands we feature in this list. All of these things contribute to what is a fair and honest rating of the products.
Top 10 Best Coffeemakers with Grinders of 2018
- Patented "Cappuccino System" frother that mixes steam and milk to create a rich, creamy froth
- Easy-to-use rotary and push button control panel with programmable menu settings and beans container capacity is 8.8...
- Grinds beans instantly with the patented, compact and easy-to-clean "Direct-to-Brew" system. Use your favorite coffee...
For the true coffee connoisseur, this machine is your top choice. It features a compact design with high quality construction that ensures that you’ll be making great cups of coffee for a long time. It’s incredibly easy to clean with easy-to-remove parts and an automatic de-scaling indicator.
What puts this machine at the top of the list is its versatility in brewing options. It takes both pre-ground coffee or grinds the beans of your choice prior to brewing, and you can customize the strength of the brew with the press of a button. The best part? It makes a mean espresso, so you’re not limited to the type of coffee drinks you want to make. Want to make a cappuccino? Go for it. The milk frother is easily adjustable depending on the drink you want to make.
The price is a bit on the high end for this model, but it’s completely worth it if you want a great cup of coffee. 5 out of 5 stars.
- 24-hour fully programmable coffeemaker with auto shutoff, brew-pause feature, and Grind off function
- Double-wall insulated stainless steel thermal carafe with comfort grip handle holds up to 12 cups of coffee
- Built-in automatic burr grinder and 8-ounce bean hopper holds a half pound of beans. Strength selector and grind control...
This 24-hour, fully programmable coffee machine is super easy to operate, which makes it a great machine for coffee lovers who aren’t used to operating one of its kind. It has an auto-shutoff feature for the perpetually forgetful, and it comes with an insulated stainless steel 12-cup carafe that’s guaranteed to keep your coffee warm.
The build in bean hopper can hold up to a half-pound of beans, so you can fill it up and forget about it. It’s a simple machine with a good amount of brew strength and grind fineness options, and its easy-of-use earns it a 4.5 out of 5 stars.
- The Breville Barista Express delivers third wave specialty coffee at home using the 4 keys formula and is part of the...
- Dose Control Grinding: Integrated precision conical burr grinder grinds on demand to deliver the right amount of freshly...
- Optimal Water Pressure: Low pressure pre-infusion gradually increases pressure at the start and helps ensure all the...
This machine is a great machine for those who want coffee-shop quality coffee drinks made in the comfort of their own home. It has a half-pound bean hopper so you don’t have to refill it every time you want a cup, and the special conical burrs in the grinder help maximize the flavor of the coffee.
You can adjust the grind fineness to fit your personal needs, it’s easy enough to use for espresso lovers who are new to making their own at home. Because it’s a semi-automatic machine, you can experiment with different factors like grind fineness, water temperature, and tamp pressure to create the perfect espresso drink.
One downside to this machine is that is rather bulky, and the stainless-steel parts at to its weight. However, this also means that your machine is built to last. We give this machine 4.5 out of 5 stars.
- 10-Cup automatic coffeemaker with built-in automatic bean grinder
- Fully programmable with Auto shut off, Brew Pause, 1- to 4-Cup setting, and grind-off option for pre-ground coffee
- Double-wall thermal stainless-steel carafe keeps coffee hot and fresh. BPA free
This machine is the smaller version of the DGB-900BC, which gives you the same great features in a more compact size. It allows you to brew up to 10-cups in its stainless steel, insulated carafe. You can also brew smaller amounts too, if you’re just looking to make a cup or two.
Like other Cuisinart models, this machine is 24-hour programmable, meaning you can set it the night before and wake up to a great cup of coffee in the morning. Like the other models, this one can be a pain to clean and needs to be cleaned regularly. Because of these factors, we give this machine 4 out of 5 stars.
- FRESH COFFEE: Grinds fresh, whole beans right before brewing for freshest flavor
- CONICAL BURR GRINDER: Integrated conical burr grinder with direct-feed technology - compact space saving design
- CAPACITY: 10-cup thermal carafe, 6 ounce bean container. Watts/Volts/Hertz: 1000W/120V/60Hz
We love this coffee maker because of its space-saving design and versatility. It’s easy to use and automatically grinds whole coffee beans before each brewing cycle so that you’ll always have a fresh cup of coffee. The conical burr grinder and direct-feed system make this a compact coffeemaker that’ll fit neatly on the counter.
It also has a 24-hour programmable clock and LCD display that shows the time, grind, and strength settings. It also comes with a 10-cup thermal carafe that keeps your coffee hot for hours. It’s a bit steep on price but its features more than make up for it, so we give it a solid 4 out 5 stars.
- The Breville Grind Control creates third wave specialty coffee by capturing freshness and essential oils from beans by...
- Programmable Auto Start: Set the time you'd like your coffee and the Grind Control will start the brewing process...
- Integrated and Adjustable Grinder: Adjust the grinder output to suit any bean from anywhere and customize the grind size...
Breville is one of the most-trusted brands in the industry, and this machine is known for its customizability. It features 8 different brew strength settings and 6 different fineness settings for your coffee grounds. Those features alone are what set this coffee maker apart from comparable models in the industry. On top of that, it’s completely programmable, so you’ll always have the perfect cup of coffee waiting for you in the morning.
One thing to consider is that flavored coffee tends to dump more oils into the system, so if you’re not cleaning it regularly, you may end up buying a new machine before too long. Because of this, we give it 4 out of 5 stars.
This machine is a great option for those who are looking for a more affordable choice than some of the higher end items on this list. It features 24-hour programmability and a 12-cup glass carafe that has dripless pour spout and knuckle guard. You can either grind whole beans or use pre-ground coffee for each brew, and also features a programmable 0-4 hour auto-shutoff. You can choose from one of four strength settings prior to brewing.
We give this machine 4 out of 5 stars.
- Streamlined Grinding and Brewing - Fresh coffee, fast, the all-in-one design makes it easy to grind whole beans, giving...
- Whole Beans or Grounds - Brew you favorite cup, the grinder quickly prepares whole beans, and it can be turned off for...
- Custom Brewing - Use the brew strength selector for coffee that fits your taste, options for regular, bold, and strong
If you’re looking for a bargain from a trusted brand, this Black+Decker coffee maker is the perfect option for you. It’s easy to operate and doesn’t take up much space on the counter, making it great for those who need all the space they can get. The all-in-one design allows you to grind whole beans quickly in their integrated grinder/brew filter for a fast, fresh cup of coffee.
You can choose your brew strength and program a 24-hour auto brew so you’ll always wake up to a fresh pot of coffee. However, this model has been known to leak after a year or more of use and cleaning it before each use can be a chore. We give this model 3.5 out of 5 stars.
- From Espresso to Cappuccino, there is an assortment of options waiting to satisfy your coffee cravings. Whether it’s...
- When time is of the essence, you can brew perfect espresso and cappuccino without the wait, thanks to the Quick Heat...
- Every coffee you prepare will be topped with a silky, milk layer that beckons the taste buds. The milk carafe froths the...
This machine features a sleek design and the ability to make great-tasting coffee drinks in no time. It has a quick heat boiler that means less waiting for your espresso, and 5 different strength settings. There’s a milk carafe that froths the milk for you and adds it directly to your cup, which is convenient.
The biggest downside? The price. This machine is a wonderful espresso machine but is priced at well over $1000. Because of this, we give this one 3.5 out of 5 stars.
- GRIND AND BREW: 2-in-1 appliance grinds beans to specific size and then brews coffee according to your specifications
- INTEGRATED BURR GRINDER: Powerful state-of-the-art flat burr grinder with 18 grind settings retains maximum aroma,...
- REMOVABLE RESERVOIR: Water reservoir is removable for easy refilling and cleaning
This coffee maker has all the features you’d need for a solid cup of coffee. You can grind your own beans or use pre-ground coffee for each pot, and it’s easily programmable. It doesn’t have a bean hopper that can store beans for quick use, however, so you’ll have to put in the beans before every brew. It also has a glass carafe and heating plate that only stays warm for 30 minutes, so if you’re not a fast coffee drinker then you may find yourself making more than one pot throughout the morning. It’s super easy to clean, though, so you won’t be spending too much time in the morning getting the machine ready for a new pot.
Because of these factors, we give this coffee maker a 3 out of 5 stars.
The list above gives you some great options for buying a new coffee maker with grinder, but if you want to shop around, here are a few things you should think about before making your purchase.
If you’re the type to go through a full pot, then make sure you’re looking at machines with higher brewing capacities. If you’re not that sort of coffee drinker, you can find a model that allows you to brew less so you don’t have to waste a pot.
Believe it or not, the ability to have more finely ground coffee can make a huge difference in how the coffee tastes. When you’re shopping around, make sure that you’re looking at models that allow you to tweak the fineness of the grounds to suit your personal taste.
Often, you’ll find that the manufacturer’s filter that comes with the coffee maker doesn’t work as well as you want it to. Make sure that your coffee maker allows you to use paper filters if the need arises.
Enter yourThe more expensive models on this list have burr grinders, which allow for a more consistent grind of the coffee in comparison to blade grinders. Inconsistencies in the grind can change the taste of the coffee, so if you’re looking for a consistent taste then look for models that don’t have blade grinders. text here...
Other Things to Think Of Before You Buy
How much space do you have on your counter for a new machine? Some of these machines can take up a relatively large amount of space, so make sure that the model you’re looking at fits on your counter before you make the purchase. There’s nothing worse than buying a new appliance for your kitchen and realizing that you have no space for it once you get home from the store.
Some models have a hot plate, and some don’t. Hot plates allow you to keep a full pot of coffee heated for a longer period of time and are crucial to keeping your coffee hot if you have a glass carafe. If you don’t want a model with a hot plate, make sure it comes with a stainless-steel carafe so you can keep your coffee hotter longer. Most stainless-steel carafes are double insulated, so you’ll be able to keep your coffee hot in place of the hot plate.
If you want to streamline your morning routine, then you’ll need to get a machine that allows you to set a timer on your coffee maker the night before. In order to do this, a 24-hour programmable machine is your best choice. Many programmable machines also allow you to set the brew strength and grind fineness as well, meaning you’ll have more options to experiment with.
Make Barista Quality Coffee in No Time
When you’re shopping for a new coffee maker, take the time to look at the models we listed above. Getting a new coffee maker with a grinder will speed up your morning routine and guarantee the freshest cup of coffee. Some of the models even come with espresso makers, so you can be sure that you’ll have barista-quality coffee in the comfort of your home.
Last update on 2021-04-13 at 13:59 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API